This post explain chrome os is missing or damaged. Chromebook is a flexible, protected, and open source os made by Google for the web and cloud based digital lifes. But after the combination of google play, it has actually become a multi-functional OS. Despite being strong os, many a time, you might need to reset or restore your Chromebook Today, and I will be sharing a step by step tutorial on how to Reset, Powerwash, and Restore Chromebook if the chrome os is damaged.
How To Set When Chrome OS Is Missing Or Damaged
In this article, you can know about how to set up chrome os is missing or damaged here are the details below;
Before going to the details tutorial, I wish to focus on why you need to reset, powerwash, and bring back the Chromebook?
Why do you require to reset or powerwash the Chromebook?
- – If you see any messages like “Reset this Chrome device!” on your Chromebook
- – You have actually ruined your chrome profile settings.
- – After rebooting your Chromebook, you see the system not working usually.
- – You want to changes the owner or give it to the children or relative and remove all your individual information.
How To Reset A Chromebook.
This choice will get rid of all the modifications, themes, background images, etc., from your Chromebook system. Essentially, it will make your system the default one. It’s useful when you are ruined with the setup of the profile setting; however, you still want to use the sames google account on your Chromebook. So it will makes a default one, and again you can utilize it with your previous google account and synced all the saved data.
- – Click the clock located at the bottom right corner and select the setting.
- – Go to the bottom where the advanced setting is revealed and choose that.
- – Scroll down once again and select reset setting.
- – Now go through the lesson notes and press the reset.
- – All the modifications will be eliminated and reset to the default setting.
How To Powerwash Your Chromebook.
Here in this stage, you must keep in mind that doing the powerwash of your Chromebook will delete all the individual information, files, apps, settings, and so on from the local hard drive. So it’s constantly preferable to sync your personal info into the Google accounts and backup all the files on google drive or an externals drive.
This process is a bit different from all the previous one. The resetting gets rid of the internet browser personalization and profile setting and makes chrome the latest version with the default profile setting. However, Powerwash will get rid of all the regional files from the system and make the system factory provided. You need to run the system update to get the latest OS and software application updates in this circumstance.
There are two options offered to do the powerwash on your Chromebook.
- Option– 1:
- – Click the clock located at the ideal bottom corner and choose the setting.
- – Go to the bottom where the advance setting showed and select that.
- – Here, you will get the Power-wash button and select that.
- – Now, one reboot pop-up box will appear, and click Restart.
- – Sign in with your Google accounts and follow the onscreen guidelines.
- – First, you need to sign out from your Chromebook
- – Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R completely.
- – Then press Restart for rebooting your Chromebook.
- – Now, after restarting, one box will appear with the reset choice. Press Reset and check in to your Google Account.
- – Go through the onscreen guides to finish the procedure.
How To Create Recovery Media Files and Restore Chromebook.
Resetting and Powerwash assist the system get the default profile settings if anything is ruined with the Chromebook personalization. But what if your Google Chrome OS does not boot up or the system damaged totally, or you cannot get the login onscreen? There is a way to improve your chrome OS by entirely wiping the storage drive and bring back from the healing media. Here you need to bear in mind that this procedure will totally clean all the system files, running systems, and local storages of your Chromebook. You will not be ready to use the machine until the recovery process is finished.
- – A different chrome OS powered Laptop or windows or Mac OS laptop with a chrome internet browser working on the top.
- – A 4GB or larger USB drive or SD-card, which is entirely formatted.
- – Your harmed chrome OS or Chromebook with a power cable connected.
- – Chromebook Recovery App.
Create Recovery Media
- – Firstly, you need to install the Chromebook Recovery Utility addon on the Laptop, which is not harmed or not on your chrome OS missing Chromebook.
- – Open the extension or application from the Chrome internet browser.
- – Now, type the design variety of your harmed Chromebook that you want to recover in the pop-up screen, which appears after open the app. You can discover the model number from the bottom of the mistake message of your damaged Chromebook.
- – Press continue
- – Now its time to insert your empty flash drives into the USB port. Keep in mind, all the files and docs will be erased from the USB flash drive. This time, the Chromebook healing app will show you a drop-down menu of all the offered removable storage. Select the correct storages device and press continue.
- – After all those actions, press “produce now.” This will take sometime to make your recovery images and wait till it reveals a successful message that your recovery media is ready and eliminate the computer system’s storage device.
Create Recovery Media Using a Linux Machine
If you do not have window’s or mac os powered laptop computer, you can still make a Chromebook healing image from the Linux computer system. Follow the below actions:
- – Download the Recovery Tools on your Linux laptop.
- – Run the next command in the Terminal to alter the approval to permit the execution:
sudo chmod 755 linux_recovery. sh.
- – Run the following command with roots or superuser privilege into the Terminal.
sudo celebration linux_recovery. sh.
- – Now, follow the on-screen directions to make the Chromebook Recovery Media.
Restore Chromebook Using Recovery Media.
Now, this is the last step to take back control of your damaged system. This procedure will erase all the chrome OS files inside the Chromebook. So backup all the media files and docs to google drive or external storage. Follow the steps listed below to Restore Chromebook.
- – Open the damaged Chromebook you wish to recuperate.
- – Remove all the external gadgets like a mouse, keyboard, flash drive, external storage device, and SD card.
- – Now, enter your Chromebook into recovery modes. If you have a keyboard with the Chromebook, press and hold Esc, Refresh secrets, and the Power button completely. First, release the powers button, then release the other button consequently.
- – If you own a Chromebox and Chrome bit, power-off your system, press the recovery button (see manual ), and let the power- n of your system enter into the healing mode.
- – At this step, you will be seeing eithers “Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please place a healing USB stick or SD card.” or “Please place a recovery USB stick or SD card.”.
- – Insert your recovery media, what you have actually made previously, into the Chromebook.
- – Follow the onscreen commands to complete the process. It will take sometime to complete, so have patience and a cup of tea.
- – When the message reveals “System healing is complete” onscreen, get rid of the SD card or flash device.
Erase the Recovery Media.
After finishing the recovery process, you need to erase the recovery media to reuse the SD card or flash gadget. Follow the steps to erase the SD-card or flash drive.
- – First, extract the flash drive from the Chromebook you simply have recuperated.
- – Insert the storage devices into the other Laptop with a chrome web browser.
- – Open the Chromebook Recovery App.
- – Click on setting and choose erase the recovery media.
- – Now, pick the ideal storage device from the drop-down menu and press continue.
- – Remember, all the information on the recovery flash drive will be removed.
- – It’s done when you see the “Your healing media has actually been eliminated” message.
- – Remove the flash drive or SD-card from the laptop computer.
- – Now format the flash device utilizing the standard format tool provided by your laptop computer.
Probable Solutions to Recovery Error Message.
-” An unanticipated error has actually occurred.”
This mistake message might come due to a bad or incompatible SD card or flash drive. Attempt to use a different one and begin the whole process once again.
-” The gadget you placed does not consist of Chrome OS.”
Initially, make certain you have actually used the appropriate flash device or SD card to make the healing image media. If you are using the ideal one, and still the issue remains, the storage device might not work. Try to utilize a different one and follow the steps again.
-” Chrome OS is missing or disabled. Please switch all connected devices and start recovery.”.
Make sure that all the external gadgets are removed and attempt again to recover the system.
– I followed the actions, but I can’t restore my Chromebook.
If you have followed all the steps; however, you can’t bring back the Chrome OS, there might be a recovery media problem. If you needed to make the healing media a while earlier, it might consist of an old Chrome OS variation. So you need to develop a new healing media using the brand-new Chrome OS version and follow the recovery process.
– I restored my Chromebook, but now I cannot use my USB flash drive or SD card anymore.
Follow the “Erase The Recovery Media Files” mentioned above to use the USB flash drive or SD card once again.
So this is it. What do you consider this tutorial on how to Restore the Chromebook from the dead-end? Do you like it? Is it simple and uncomplicated? Share your experiences and suggestions in the comment area.
This post clearly explain solutions regarding chrome os is missing or damaged. Mind if you do I a sweet favor and taps the Social Share Button if you found out something brand-new? It’d mean a lot to me. Thanks again for investing part of your day here. I want to see you come back.