Develop and Customize your Website Without Wasting Time and Money
Website development involves many stages. Each of them requires expertise and a specialist of a certain profile. Site development is something like building a house. It is divided into different stages – pouring the foundation, the construction of bearing walls, roofing, etc. If one of the steps is omitted, the house can not be built, and if built, then no one can live in it.
If we consider the basic stages of site development, everything works on the same principle. If at least one of the stages of its creation is considered inattentive or even skipped, then the whole endeavor becomes meaningless. Dworkz, as a ui/ux design and development services, will not allow your resource to fail. He will be able to operate normally and perform their task, whether it be sales or representation on the Internet.
The customer should understand what are the stages behind the mysterious term “website creation”, and why each of them is important.
Website development. The main stages from beginning to end:
- setting the task;
- elaboration and approval of the terms of reference;
- layout development site design;
- the layout of pages;
- programming the functional part;
- site promotion and content;
- testing and subsequent adjustment;
- making changes.
Also, when creating a site, the developer connects hosting and chooses a domain name. Is configured site management system.
If all these points are properly performed, customers get a product that is fully ready to work.
The purpose of the project
The purpose of web studios, at the initial stage of working with the client – is to collect any available information to help the client clearly define the goals of the future project. Therefore, the first question the developer asks the customer is: “What do you want to create a website for?”.
If you, like many others, create a website to make money, immediately think of a specific way to profit and develop a strategy for the development of the portal from scratch to the desired level. Having a specific goal and a clear plan for its achievement – is a key condition for success. If you do not know what result you want to get, it will be difficult to understand what to do.
Determine how the site will differ from the projects of your competitors – the portal, which will stand out for the better and will attract more attention, will certainly bring in good money.
Do not forget that the site should be useful to visitors – only then we can hope for steady development. Thus, the information portal should contain high-quality articles in which people will find answers to their questions.
The most common goals and objectives for which websites are created:
- recognition, attracting new customers and partners;
- presentation of the company, its activities or services;
- sale of goods or products;
- attracting a target audience and redirecting them to other channels;
- organizing an advertising campaign for a particular product or brand.
At the stage of setting and understanding the task, the performer begins to understand the client’s business, asking leading questions. He can ask about advantages over competitors, potential visitors, and what the client does not want to see on the resource. This helps to form an idea of what the client expects from the product, and what methods of implementation should be used.
Writing the terms of reference
The term of reference is a document in which the requirements for the project are recorded. It always precedes the creation of a website. The TA defines what the product will be like in the end. Also, thanks to the terms of reference, there are fewer disagreements between the client and the web studio. This is due to the fact that the TA minimizes the number of errors and the risk of failure of deadlines.
The goals and objectives of the site determine the structure of terms of reference.
Competently drafted TA includes these sections:
- description of the project, that is, information about the business and target audience;
- goals and objectives;
- glossary of terms;
- applicable technologies and hosting requirements;
- detailed structure;
- design requirements;
- layout requirements;
- description of internal pages;
- graphic and text content;
- deadline for the project.
After writing and agreeing on TA, you can accurately estimate the cost of the project and call a clear deadline.
Initially, the development of site design begins with prototyping. This is a schematic arrangement of the blocks. Prototyping is done to ensure that the customer saw the main elements of pages and the structure of the site.
If the customer is satisfied with everything, we develop a full-fledged design. Only at this stage, a web designer draws layouts. It is based on the terms of reference and is guided by the whole concept of the site.
The main elements of design development:
- Style – the site is developed in a pre-selected style. Not allowed to mix different elements, which will certainly notice the visitor;
- Structure – the use of a modular grid will make the content noticeable and simple. Well-structured information is perceived more easily by the user;
- objects of call to action – the buttons urging to make a purchase, subscribe or contact the organization must catch the eye.
- To make a good design, you need to clearly understand the target audience and the idea of the ideal site. In creating a site about the care of newborns, it is better not to make it on a black background and use the grotesque font, because breastfeeding and bathtub for bathing cause very different associations.
When the design is approved, it is transferred to the designer.
The layout of the site
The next stage of creation – is the make-up or creation of the html-code structure. For the layout of the site used text or graphics programs. The good layout should be:
- Cross-browser – correct display of the resource in popular browsers;
- Valid – CSS/HTML-code meets the W3C standards.
- Site layout
To the basic steps, you can add more SEO at the design stage, which will help the site to quickly reach the top and keep a stable position, as well as prepare it for further promotion.
Choosing a developer, make sure that he pays enough attention to all the stages because each of them plays a crucial role in the future of the site. Contact Dworkz with all these questions. To do this, you can look at the company’s portfolio or talk to the manager.