How to edit a GIF, formally called Graphics Interchange Format, is a bitmap image format. However, you can’t straight modify GIFs like images on your computer or phone. To modify GIFs, you need to utilize GIF editor software. This post reveals you how to modify a GIF on a computer/phone/online and provide you the top 8 GIF editors.
How to Edit A GIF Quickly and Easily (Complete Guide)
In this article, you can find out how to edit a gif here are the details below;
Part 1: How to Modify A GIF
Part one informs you how to edit a GIF on a computer/phone/online.
How to Edit A GIF on Computer
Here are 2 GIF editors that assist you in modifying a GIF on the computer. Let’s see how they work.
MiniTool MovieMaker is a complimentary and clean GIF modifying software and GIF maker. You can utilize it to include text to GIF, trim GIF, split GIF, and change GIF resolution. Besides, it allows you to transform videos to Gif Editor and vice versa.
In addition to that, this tool also is a video converter. With it, you can converter VOB to WMV MP4, WMV to MP3, MP4 to WebM, MKV to MP4, and so on.
Now, listed below are the in-depth steps on how to modify a GIF by utilizing MiniTool MovieMaker.
Step 1: Download and set up MiniTool MovieMaker.
Step 2. Introduce the software and close the motion picture design template window to enter its main interface.
Step 3. Click Import Media Files to add the targeted GIF to the Media Library.
Step 4. Drag and drop the GIF to the timeline.
- Remove some frames the GIF.
Step 1. Move the playhead to where you wish to split and click the scissor icon to split the GIF.
Step 2. Select the clip you want to eliminate and right-click on it to select the Erase option.
- Add text to GIF.
Step 1. Change to the Text tab. This GIF editor provides lots of captions; pick the one you like.
Step 2. Hover your mouse on captions to sneak peek them and pick your preferred caption from this list.
Step 3. Drag and drop the wanted caption to the text timeline and get in the text. You can change the font size color, size, and types. Or moves the text on the Gif Editor to the best place.
Step 4. When you’re done, click OKAY to use this modification.
Step 5. If you want to adjust the durations of the text, you can move one sides to the left or to the right.
Step 6. Click Export to go on. The MP4 format is inspected by default, so you need to pick the GIF format from the list.
Step 7. Finally, tap on Exports to export the edited GIF without a watermark.
Are you thinking about how to get rid of watermarks from the video? See this post: How to Eliminate Watermark from Video and Photo Efficiently.
With MiniTool MovieMaker, I can modify GIF freely! Click to tweet.
If you’ve set up Photoshop on your computer, you may question can I modify a GIF in Photoshop. Yes, you can. Let’s have a look at how to edit a GIF with the expert image editor – Photoshop.
Step 1. Release Photoshop on the computer system and import the Gif Editor file.
Step 2. The timeline window shows at the bottom line of the live screens. Here you can also set the GIF on a loops. To loop a GIF, click on the icon to set the GIF on the top loop if you want.
Step 3. Likewise, you can tap the text icon in the left toolbar to include text to the GIF.
Step 4. As soon as you’re done, click on File and pick the alternative Save for Web browser legacy from the list by hitting the Export button od screen.
If the GIF file sizes is too large to fit, you wish to minimize its file sizes. Read this post to learn how to fix resize GIF: Top 5 Finest GIF Resizers of 2020 (Desktop & Online).
How to Edit A GIF on Phone.
After understanding how to edit a GIF on the PC, this part tells you how to use a GIF editors application on your phone. With it, you can editors GIF anytime, anywhere.
Here suggest the most popular GIF editor app– Gif Editor Maker & GIF Editor. It’s a totally free GIF application. It lets you make and edit GIF without any watermark. Also, it supports converting videos to GIFs.
Step 1. Download and install GIF Makers & GIF Editor.
Step 2. Open the application on your phone and get the main user interface.
Step 3. Click on Edit GIF and select the GIF you want to edits.
Step 4. After that, you can save that on your phone.
How to edit a GIF Online.
Want to modify a GIF with no software? This part offers you the most effective and popular online GIF editor– Ezgif.com and a detailed guide on how to use this tool.
Step 1. Open your web browser and go to EZgif.com.
Step 2. Then you’ll see different GIF editing tools in the toolbar. Simply pick the one you like, take censor GIF for instance.
Step 3. Move your mouse on Results and pick the options Cut durations from the pop up list.
Step 4. Tap Choose Files to add the Gif Editor and struck the Upload! Button.
Step 5. Edit the number in the Cutting alternatives tab and press the Cut duration! Button to continue.
Step 6. Scroll down the page and discover the SAVE button. Then click on it to download the GIF.
Part 2 presents the main top features of 8 Gif Editor editors; take a look!
# 1. MiniTool MovieMaker.
MiniTool MovieMaker is not only a videos editors, however a GIF editor software application. It has a simple and tidy interface that lets you edit your video or GIF effortlessly. Additional, it offers a variety of transitions, effects, and captions. Apart from that, it enables you to make a cool video in seconds with its film design templates.
– It’s totally free with no watermarks, no bundles, and no advertisements.
– Supports the GIF, MKV, MP4, WMV, AVI, RMVB, VOB, MOV, and so on
– It allows you to modify GIFs and transform MP4 to GIF.
– Provides sensational transitions, effects, captions, and titles.
– You can create a video quickly with the cool movie design templates it supplied.
– It’s a video trimmer and splitter.
– It can works on Windows 7/Windows 8.1/ Windows 10.
# 2. EZgif.com.
EZgif.com is an online GIF editors that uses a set of tools to edit GIFs. With it, you can make, crop, enhance, resize, divide, reverse, rotate, and apply filters to GIFs. More than that, video can be converted to GIF.
– It’s a complimentary online GIF editor.
– Allows converting video to GIF.
– It lets you resize, optimize, splits, and write text over GIF.
– It can be utilized to save GIFs from Twitter.
# 3. Lunapic.
Lunapic is an online image editor that includes lots of features. More importantly, you can use the tool to modify GIF animation.
– It can alter the speed of GIFs. For more info, see this post: 5 Best GIF Speed Changers to Assist You Change Speed of GIF.
– You can see full-sized frames and remove unnecessary frames.
– It lets you set frame delay and a contact sheet of frames.
– Enhance GIF is also enabled.
# 4. Image Online.co.
It’s a totally free web application that contains no concealed payments. These tools is easy to use, and you can edit GIF online without losing quality.
– It has an ease-of-use user interface.
– Supports to transform GIF to JPG and PNG.
– It enables drawing out images from GIF and signing up with GIF.
– You can turn and turn GIF as you like.
– It offers additional functions like image filters, image adjustment tools, and image conversion tools.
– No registration is required.
# 5. Gifntext.com.
This online GIF editor allows you to include moving text over a GIF and provides some basic GIF editing tools. Besides, if you do not understand how to edit a Gif Editor with Gifntext.com, you can search the tutorials they supplied.
– You can paste the GIF URL and modify it online.
– Allows you to include moving text to a GIF and add moving images over a GIF.
– It enables you to include captions and subtitles to a GIF.
– It offers other modifying features like personalize text color and overview.
– You can stimulate the text and added the image to GIF.
– It’s free to utilize.
# 6. GifMaker.
GifMaker is a GIF editors application that you can create GIF from your video. You can likewise directly publish your GIF on Facebook, Twitter, Imgur, Gipphy, Instagram, etc.
Main Features. – You can cut short or crop videos before making any GIFs
. – It offers over 200 photos, 100 sticker labels to assist you in developing GIFs.
– It can add a label with text design and color to GIF.
– You can share your GIF with everybody.
– You can search for funny GIFs on this app.
# 7. GIF Maker & GIF Editor.
GIF Maker & GIF Editor supports 22 languages. By using this totally free GIF editor app, you can edit GIF, image, video, and screen record without watermarks.
– It can integrate numerous images into one GIF.
– It can assist tape video and transform it into GIF. To tape-record video, you may like 4 Best Complimentary Streaming Video Recorders for 2020.
– It permits making GIFs with background and customizing GIF-like resize, modification speed, and so on
– It lets you to compress GIF and share it on the social media.
# 8. GIF Maker– Video to GIF.
The application is totally complimentary. With the helps of this tool, you can quickly create animated GIF files.
– It supports transforming video to GIF and images to GIF.
– It’s also a meme maker tool.
– You can include or remove frames from GIF.
– It offers all features needed to modify Gif Editor, such as crop, flip, reverse, and so on
To summarize, this post provides you a comprehensive guide on how to edit a GIF and the top 8 GIF editors. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it with others.
Check out over other article: