The majority of us have probably experienced data loss on SD cards. If you’re trying to restore photos that haven’t been backed up, you’re in for a nightmare. But worry not, luckily, deleted or misplaced images can often be retrieved from an SD card.
It has been demonstrated that photos erased or formatted from an SD card are not immediately wiped. Instead, as long as the SD card is not destroyed or overwritten with new data, lost photos remain on it. The photo recovery process of restoring lost photographs from memory cards is no longer difficult. As a result, even if you are not a computer geek or an IT specialist, there is no need to be concerned. With a trustworthy photo recovery software you are able to successfully restore deleted photos, pictures, images, videos, and audio with just a few clicks. Since photo loss is unavoidable, we ought to be keen to explain how to get back deleted pictures from SD cards.
Why My Photos Got Deleted from SD Card?
Do you ever wonder how images on SD or Micro SD cards become lost? The factors that can cause the problem are numerous. Let’s have a quick look so that you can reduce the chances of data loss from your SD card.
- You inadvertently destroyed photographs or clips from your memory card before saving them up to your computer.
- All data will be lost if the memory card is quick-formatted accidently.
- The memory card’s partition is damaged, and it is no longer functional.
- The file or directory has become corrupted and is no longer readable.
- If your device is prone to virus infection when viewing websites or downloading files. Viruses can corrupt or remove data, resulting in significant data loss.
- If your SD card is physically damaged, the possibility of losing photos becomes certain.
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Photos?
Before you learn how to recover permanently deleted photos, you should know if it is possible or not. In most circumstances, it is feasible to recover permanently deleted photos from an SD card. When the card is not physically damaged and is still working, a data recovery tool may be able to recover the deleted photographs from the SD card. The lost, deleted, or formatted images or clips are restorable as long as you do not re-write data to that same SD card. When you delete photos from an SD card, the folder marks the space as “available for new data.” As a result, erased photographs from an SD card can still be recovered.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card
Now, without waiting any longer let’s get to understand the most recommended way to perform image recovery or any file type recovery. For this, we would like to introduce Wondershare Recoverit. With the great recovery success rate, Recoverit has the highest ranking when it comes to image recovery. The user-friendly interface, better scanning options, and error tips make it easier to use the app and restore pictures.
Now, let’s get started on how to restore lost images from an SD card by downloading and installing Recoverit and following the simple instructions below.
Note: Please take note that you must stop using the memory card before running the data recovery to successfully restore deleted photos from the SD card.
To begin the process to recover photos from a Micro SD card, connect the device with a USB cable. Or, you can also link the SD card to the computer using a card reader.
Step 1: Launch Recoverit and it will display a list of available devices. Select your Micro SD card or Device’s drive and click on the “Start” option. The scanning process will begin now.
Step 2: Allow the software to perform an overall scan of the SD card. After a few minutes, you can see the recoverable files over the results window of the software.
Step 3: Next, you can review and restore deleted photos from a MicroSD card. For this, you have the privilege to preview all of the recoverable data and once you found what you wish to recover, simply hit the “Recover” button.
Here are some of the key features of Recoverit:
- It supports a wide range of file formats, be it photos, videos, audio, documents, etc.
- The easy-to-use interface makes it the first choice for all types of people.
- The ability to pause and restart the file recovery process at any time is another standout feature.
- You can preview all recoverable images before actually retrieving lost pictures from a memory card.
- It supports recovering data from over 2000 different kinds of storage devices, such as USB flash drives, SD cards, external hard disks, etc.
Tips for keeping SD cards safe
How can you look after an SD card and also get the most out of it? Stop ruminating. Here are some easy strategies and recommendations for utilizing and caring for your memory cards.
- Keep an eye out for low batteries. If the camera or your digital device shuts off during a writing process, it will affect the card. It creates problems such as chip firmware corruption, card faults, and so on.
- Never fill an SD card to its maximum capacity. Your digital device will not be able to write the entire file data to the card. It may then cause card issues and corrupted saved files.
- Formatting a memory card in your mobile device or a camera ensures that the SD card and mobile device or camera work well together. It is also advised always format the card on the mobile device or camera rather than the computer.
- Avoid abruptly shutting off the camera. If the camera device is still sending data to the card when you switch it off, connectivity between the cards and the camera device may be disrupted.
- Always keep SD cards in covers or card holders so that the contact points of the memory card do not wear off.
- Always use high-grade card readers as they maintain proper connectivity between PC and card.
At some point in time, you may need to restore erased images off your Micro SD card. Remember that among the best SD card recovery tools, Wondershare Recoverit is the most dependable choice. Now, that you are well aware of the standout features of this application, it’s on you if you wish to effortlessly restore photos or any type of file with Wondershare Recoverit.